We are CLOSED for the 2016 season. See you in the Spring!
Enjoy Mid-Michigan’s finest gourmet frozen custard with family or friends, while overlooking beautiful Park Lake.
A bit of “Up North” hidden right in the Lansing area.
- Kathy’s Pier Delight sits over Park Lake and is [to the best of our knowledge] the only modern “over-the-water” building in the entire state of Michigan. [Our basement is always flooded!]
- In addition to our special recipe frozen custard, Pier Delight offers Michigan-made Koegel hot dogs, a huge variety of frozen slushies, walking tacos, soft drinks and other frozen treats.
- Kids love to feed the fish from our wrap-around deck.
- Our almost-floating building is almost as interesting on the inside as the outside. Come in and see!
- Rent a paddle boat or stroll down to Park Lake’s little beach, Wiswasser Park or the Rickard Boat Launch.
Kathy’s Pier Delight’s historic site has been a Mid-Michigan destination for fun and relaxation for over 100 years! From the late 1800s up till the Prohibition era, streetcars and dirt roadways carried Lansing residents to Park Lake for a cool dip in the water or evenings dancing in the huge wooden dance hall pavilion that used to stand over the water.
Today, Pier Delight offers a rare, refreshing old-fashioned destination. Pier Delight’s unique building sits right over the calm waters of Park Lake.
Outside, relax on our back deck or sit under an umbrella while you watch the fish swim by, or enjoy the amazing sunsets. Inside, enjoy the air conditioning and admire Kathy’s eclectic decor and historic pictures of Park Lake.
Enjoy our special-recipe gourmet custard, a Koegel hot dog, or another treat. If you are feeling more active, rent a paddle boat or stroll down to the newly renovated Park Lake beach or the nearby boat landing.*
Just far enough to get away from it all.